Simple Home Remedies for Quick Weight Gain
- Figs and raisins
Soak 2-3 dried figs and 8-10 raisins in water or milk for overnight and consume with milk through the next day.
- Mango and milk
Eat 1-2 ripe mangoes in 3 portions throughout a day, after each portion drink 1 cup of milk. Drink mango shake once or twice a day.
Banana is known as excellent source for weight gain Eat 1-2 well ripen banana with a glass of milk in your breakfast. Also eat 1-2 bananas after every heavy meal for digestion improvement. You can also drink banana milk shake regularly.
- Eat in small quantity
Don’t eat too much at a time. Eat your meal in small quantity; eat after very 2-3 hours. Consume fruits, juices, salads in your snacks; avoid chips, oily snacks, junk foods, cold drinks etc.
- Tuna fish
Tuna fish is high in protein and rich in healthy calorie; this makes it a ideal food for those who desire to gain weight.
If possible take afternoon sleep for 30 minutes -1 hour. Don’t sleep late at night, sleep at least 7 hour.
- Regular exercise
- Improve up your appetite by regular exercise, brisk walk, jogging, weight exercise etc. Work at least for 45 minutes daily.
- Exercise is very important to gain weight as it improves our appetite. Do weight exercise, brisk walking, swimming or other outdoor sports to stay healthy and active.
- Yogasanas/ yoga practices such as Savasana (Corpse Pose), Sirshasana (Headstand), Pavan Mukta Asana (Wind releasing pose), Vajra Asana (Diamond pose) etc.
- Fruits & dry fruits
- Increase your consumption of milk, dry dates, nuts, raisins, figs, musk-melons, mangoes etc.
- Eat muskmelon 2-3 times a day for 30-40 days.
- Another very helpful remedy is, soak 2 almonds, 2 dates and 1 anjeer (figs) in milk for overnight and drink it in the morning for 30-45 days.
- Add dessert like Halwa (made from carrots and dry fruits), khir/vermicelli with Raisins & almonds in your regular diet.
Drink a lot of water daily. Being hydrated is very significant for our body, particularly as your body is going through changes.
10. Dairy Products
Increase the consumption of dairy products like milk, curd and cheese. But do not eat too much anything because it will have risk of indigestion, high blood pressure etc. Add ghee and butter in your regular diet.